Step up your holiday entertaining game with a class led by Fiola’s wine director.
By Erica Moody
The holidays are fast approaching, with all the wine, revelry and gift-giving that entails. But have you brushed up on your vino expertise in time for the season? There’s still time! One of our favorite restaurants, Casa Luca, will be hosting “Casper’s Selections for Holiday Entertaining & Gift Giving” on Saturday, December 5 at 1:30 p.m. For $150 and over a selection of artisan cheeses and fine cured meats, Fiola’s wine director Casper Rice will share his suggestions for the wines you need on your Thanksgiving and Christmas tables, or to give as holiday gifts to friends, family, clients or coworkers.
Featured wines will include:
- Ca’ del Bosco Franciacorta ‘Vintage Collection’ 2009
- Ca’ del Bosco Franciacorta ‘Cuvee Prestige Rose’ NV
- Cantina Terlano ‘Vorberg’ 2014
- Giacomo Grimaldi Barolo ‘Le Coste’ 2010
- Zyme Veneto Rosso ‘60/20/20’ 2009
- Donatella Cinelli Colombini Brunello di Montalcino ‘Prime Donne’ 2008
This delicious weekend activity will have you one step closer to sommelier status, and is sure to impress even the pickiest of holiday guests.