These stunning homes live on the cutting-edge.
Next Saturday October 7 the Modern House Tour is making its debut in Washington, DC.The Modern Architecture + Design Society is hosting the self-guided tour to give Washingtonians a look inside some of the city’s most cutting-edge properties. The tours draw over 10,000 visitors annually in cities across the U.S. and Canada including Seattle, Houston and Vancouver. Locally, five homes will be open to the public to showcase the work of local designers Travis Price Architects, FORMA Design Inc. and Paola One Design, LLC.
A portion of the ticket sales will go to nonprofit Spirit of Place/ Spirit of Design, founded by architect Travis Price in 1993. The organization consists of “a design-build exploration program primarily for architecture students that has become a major environmental and cultural force in reshaping the built environment.”
The tour runs from 11a.m.-4 p.m. allowing visitors to go at their own pace and spend as much time or as little time in each property as desired. There will be opportunities to mingle with homeowners, architects and designers at each property and following the tour, guests are invited to join builders, architects, homeowners and the tour team for a post-event reception at the Oregon Ave NW location.
Participating properties include:
(1) Rock Creek Park: A modern home hidden away near Rock Creek Park designed by Travis Price Architects, featuring a street-side copper facade.
(2) Embassy Row: A second Travis Price designed home, located on Embassy Row that features expansive walls and indoor walkways made of glass.
(3) McLean: A giant modern home made of wood and stone designed by Mark McInturff.
(4) Logan Circle: A three-story row house in Logan Circle, showcasing a newly-finished gut renovation by FORMA Design, Inc. and a completely modern take built into a traditional downtown Washington townhome exterior.
(5) A third Travis Price home, located right next door to the first, is a glass masterpiece with plenty of open space.
USE COUPON CODE “WASHLIFE” FOR $10 OFF.
Tickets for the home tour are $40. Kids under 10 are FREE when accompanying their parents. For more details, to see a current roster of homes with details and photos, and to buy tickets for the Houston Modern Home Tour, visit: http://mads.media/2017-dc-metro-mads-modern-home-tour