What to Expect:
Acumen Solutions, a leading business and technology consulting firm, will hold its Acumen Solutions Race for a Cause™ 8K on Sunday, November 1, 2009 in Arlington, VA. Leveraging the runner’s charitable preferences, the proceeds of this unique race will benefit the following organizations that Acumen Solutions has supported throughout the year.
- Blue Ridge Assistance Dogs
- Boys & Girls Clubs – Alexandria – Olympic Branch
- Boys & Girls Clubs – Fairfax Branch
- BUILD Metro DC
- For Love of Children
- Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena, Inc.
- Greenbrier Learning Center
- Heads Up D.C.
- Hope Rising
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- Make-A-Wish Foundation® of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc.
- The Women’s Center
- United for DC
The race will be on a fast out-and-back, flat course that begins and ends on North Quincy Street, near the intersection of Wilson Boulevard in Arlington, VA. The event is produced in partnership with Potomac River Running. Runners of all levels, as well as walkers are encouraged to participate.
Location: Arlington, VA
Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009
Time: 8:00 AM
Race Fees: $30 by October 31, $35 on Race Day
For more detailed information and registration: Go to www.theraceforacause.com