With warm weather just a few short months away, it’s time to get in shape to show off that new bathing suit. Washington-area FITNESS TOGETHER owner Matt McKinnis has a few tips for getting in shape for summer.
• Stay away from the white poison (i.e., sugar)
• Only eat healthy fats, such as olive oil, walnuts, and ground flax seed, to name a few.
• Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
• After completing squats and lunges …do more squats and lunges.
• Try some bench dips to tighten and tone.
• Squeeze in extra cardio workouts.
For those looking for the most effective way to get in shape, personal trainers available at Fitness Together can focus on target zones and help build personalized routines. Fitness Together, locations at 16th & M streets NW, Georgetown, and Alexandria, Va., www.fitnesstogether.com.