June 15: Beer Class for Beginners ($49)
Want to learn more about beers? Already a beer aficionado? Looking for an informative beer education and tasting in DC to enjoy something other than the usual? Look no further!
GiraMondo Wine will host a Beer Class for Beginners and topics covered will include:
- What is beer? How is it produced?
- The 4 basic styles of beer.
- What are the flavors of beer?
- How does one critically taste beer? Is it like tasting a wine?
- Beer and food pairing: is beer the ‘new’ wine?
- As with food, FRESHNESS is paramount.
Beer Selection to be confirmed:
- Clipper Fleet Marzen (Lager)
- Victory Prima Pils (Lager)
- Brooklyn Local 1 (Belgium/Wheat)
- Duchesse de Bourgogne (Belgium/Wheat)
- Augustiner Maximator (Dark Beer)
- Flying Dog Gonzo Porter (Dark Beer)
- Mutiny Fleet Loose Cannon (Hops)
- Otter Creek Imperial IPA (Hops)
We will taste great beers from around the world with Beer Master Tom Cizauskas who is also a renowned beer speaker having presented at tastings, festivals, and breweries. Stay tuned for the beer selection that will include craft beers of different styles and origins!The tasting will be accompanied by light appetizers designed to complement the beers being tasted.
For more information and ticket purchase, please visit GiraMondo Wine Adventures website.
Location: Embassy Row Hilton, 2015 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036 – Metro: Dupont Circle (Red Line) Hours: 6:30pm-8:00pm
Date: June 15, 2010
Location: Hilton Embassy Row, 2015 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington Dc
Attire: Business Casual
$49 per ticket.