Start your month off right by networking for a good cause!
On the first Thursday of every month, emPower magazine is hosting an emPower HAPPY HOUR at Tabaq Bistro to further our mission, which is to not only discuss social issues, but also challenge our readers to take action.
Each month, you have the opportunity to support a different non-profit organization in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Attendees can give in two ways:
• By drinking (10 percent of the beverage proceeds will go to the non-profit)
• By bringing non-monetary donations (depending on the needs of the organization)
February Non-Profit Recipient: Dress for Success
Mission: Dress for Success Washington, DC’s mission is to provide professional clothing, mentoring support, and career skills to women in the DC
Metropolitan area who are making the difficult transition from welfare to work.
- Suits (particularly sizes 00 – 4 and 18-22 )
- Unused Undergarments
- Jewelry and Scarves
- Toiletries and unused cosmetics
- Gently worn business shoes
Date: Februay 3, 2011
Admission is Free
Date: February 3, 2011
Time: 5:30-8:30 pm
Location: Tabaq Bistro, 1336 U. Street NW, Washington DC