These festive drinks may not keep you warm, but they will keep you in the holiday cheer.
By Brittni Guevara
What’s the winter holiday season without eggnog and hot chocolate? While these warm and tasty delights are irreplaceable during this time of year, there are some tasty cocktails that are easy to make and satisfying to any palate. Plus, they could give the typical wintertime beverage a run for their money. Here are five cocktails that we assure will be a huge hit at your holiday soiree:
The Pomegranate Pointsettia
-1 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
-1 oz orange-flavored liqueur
-1 oz orange juice
-3 oz champagne
1. Mix pomegranate liqueur, orange liqueur and orange juice in a tumbler with ice.
2. Slowly pour in champagne.
3. Serve in cocktail or champagne glass.
-1 1/2 oz tequila
-1/2 oz white creme de cacao
-1/2 oz blue curaçao
-1/2 oz cream
1. Pour ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Add some flavor and decoration with a cherry on top.
-1 part Starbucks Creme Liqueur
-1 part Starbucks Coffee Liqueur
-1/4 part Peppermint Schnapps
-optional: mint sprig for garnish
1. Pour ingredients into cocktail shaker.
2. Shake well.
3. Pour into cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with mint sprig for decoration.
-2 oz brandy
-1 oz simple syrup
-optional: whipped cream
1. Pour brandy, simple syrup and egg into cocktail shaker.
2. Shake hard to ensure egg is mixed in.
3. Strain into large glass.
4. Top with ginger ale, and optional whipped cream.
The Peppermint Patty
-1 oz peppermint schnapps
-1 oz dark creme de cacao
-2 oz creme
1. Pour peppermint schnapps, cacao and creme in shaker with ice.
2. Shake just one or two times.
3. Pour into cocktail class. Add mini peppermint candy cane for garnish, if desired.