Guests will celebrate the launch of the Silk Road Society, the Freer and Sackler’s new membership group for young professionals, at sold out event tomorrow evening.
The Corcoran has the 1869 Society, Smithsonian has its Young Benefactors, now, after the sold out success of the Asia After Dark events, The Arthur M. Sackler and Freer Gallery of Art: the National Museums of Asian Art at the Smithsonian Institution is now launching the new Silk Road Society membership group aimed at young professionals in the city. The launch event is this Friday, February 25, 7-10 PM, and tickets are already SOLD OUT.
The Silk Road Society defines itself as “a dynamic group for young professionals (ages 21–40)” and offers members a deeper understanding of the wonders of Asia – from Istanbul to Tokyo as well as special access to many of the museums’ most popular offerings, plus discounts in the shops and at DC-area hotspots. How much does all this Asian-inspired fun cost?
Individual Membership: $150
- Discounted tickets and VIP access to Asia After Dark
- Reserved seating at select evening films and performances in the Meyer Auditorium, as well as invitations to pre-event receptions
- Discounted tickets to the after-party for young professionals at an annual gala or exhibition opening celebration
- Invitations to special events such as art workshops, talks by distinguished speakers, contemporary gallery tours, and studio visits
- Community benefits including discounts at D.C.-area restaurants, yoga studios, and shops
- Happy hours at local Asian eateries
- 10 percent discount in the F|S shops
Dual Membership: $275
Both members receive all individual benefits