The Deathly Hollows Part 2 brings to an end the Harry Potter series. Fear not, mere muggle, we have some magical tips to help you prepare.
On July 15th, Harry and his friends at Hogwarts will have a final battle against Voldemort and the Death Eaters. This final movie will determine if Harry has what it takes to destroy evil for good. So, like a good Hogwarts student, do your homework before you see it!
Harry Potter History Lesson (Crib Notes)
- After Dumbledore’s (you know, the really good old wizard) death, Harry and his friends have been sent out to destroy the horcruxes
- Horcruxes are seven objects that keep Voldemort (you know, the really evil wizard) immortal
- Harry must destroy all 7 horcruxes in order to defeat Voldemort
- Harry uncovers the secrets of the Deathly Hollows.
- The Deathly Hollows are three powerful objects, The Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone, and the Cloak of Invisibility.
- Voldemort collected the Elders Wand from Dumbledore’s grave and can use its power to destroy Harry and whomever stands in his way.
How to prepare for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 2
- Reserve your movie tickets now at Fandango . Screenings start at AMC theatres July 15th.
- Get the full IMAX 3D experience at the Smithsonian Samuel Johnson IMAX theatre. Tickets go on sale July 15th, screenings start July 29th. Click here to reserve
- Freshen up on your Harry Potter facts
- Watch the previous seven movies … in order
- Pick up your cloaks and robes from the dry cleaners
- Study from your spell and potions text books
- Polish your wands
- Fill up on gas for your flying car
- Feed your Owl, Cat or Rat before leaving