A chance to look inside several of the District’s most innovative homes this weekend.
This Saturday October 6 the Modern Home Tour is back for a second year after making a successful Washington debut last fall. The self-guided tour, hosted by the Modern Architecture + Design Society and sponsored by TTR Sothebys Contemporary Listings Group, will give Washingtonians an inside look at some examples of the District’s most contemporary interiors and exteriors. This year tour-goers will have the opportunity to check out nine diverse properties alongside the builders, designers and architects who brought them to life.
The tour runs from 11a.m.- 5 p.m. allowing visitors to explore at their own pace and spend as much or as little time in each residence as desired. There will be opportunities to mingle with homeowners, architects and designers at each location, all of which are scattered throughout the Maryland, Virginia and Washington areas. Featured local designers include Gardner Architects, Braitman Design Studio, Kmac Corp Design and Paola One Design.
Some of the participating properties include:
(1) Takoma Park: An extensively remodeled bungalow with a mix of very modern and craftsman finishes.
(2) Bethesda: A renovation and addition to a bungalow that blends tradition and modernity.
(3) Arlington: A brand new Prairie style custom home by Sagatov Design + Build.
(4) McLean: A project by veteran architect Angus MacDonald who specialized in disaster-proof construction, that employs his own AmCor design using concrete and steel.
(5) Chevy Chase: A timelessly modern Travis Price-designed home built in the 1980s.
The Modern Architecture + Design Society’s tours draw over 10,000 visitors annually in cities across the U.S. and Canada including Seattle, Houston and Vancouver.
USE COUPON CODE “DCLIFE2018” FOR $5 OFF.
Advance tickets for the home tour are $40 and $50 for day of purchase. Ages 12+ are welcome. For more details, to see a current roster of homes with details and photos, and to buy tickets for the DC Modern Home Tour, visit: http://mads.media/2018dcmodern/