Journos judge best cupcakes in town to raise funds for Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
By Christina Hubmann
Cupcakes and charity – could there be a sweeter combination? Recently, ABC 7’s Natasha Barrett hosted the 2nd Annual Cupcake & Cocktails benefiting the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. She invited local media personalities Alison Starling, Leon Harris, Arch Campbell (all from ABC 7), Steve Chenevey (Fox 5), Anita Brikman (WUSA 9), and John Schriffen (NBC 4) to One Lounge and gave them the daunting task of picking the city’s best cupcakes. The event attracted over 110 guests, who sipped cocktails and tasted some of the hors d’ouvres … and cupcakes.
Tickets to the event included a silent auction and a chance to win a 7-day cruise. It raised more than $7,000 for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
Who won? Feast on these results:
– Top Cupcake Small: b+l bakehouse
– Top Cupcake Large: Chatman’s D’Vine Bakery & Café
– Prettiest Pastry: CakeLove
– Fanciful Flavor: Batter Up
– Tastiest Topping: Red Velvet Cupcakery
– Totally on Topic: Divinely Decadent Desserts
– Give Me Seconds: Heller’s Bakery.
What do you think? Who is your favorite cupcake place in the Washington DC area?